Exclusion of Arunachal from text book maps unpardonable: BJP
Itanagar: Terming as "an unpardonable mistake" the absence of Arunachal Pradesh from the Indian maps in the geography textbooks for Class X published by the Maharashtra secondary and higher education board, the state BJP said it will aggravate the border tension between India and China.
"This will not only aggravate the border tension between India and China but also weaken our international stand as far as the unity and integrity of the nation is concerned," state BJP president Tai Tagak stated in a statement here on Sunday.
He said the party would take up the issue with the central leadership.
Meanwhile, the party has sought the intervention of State Election Commission to ensure proper security of electronic voting machines (EVMs) as counting of votes for May 16 Panchayat and Municipal Elections would be held on Monday.
Quoting experts` opinion on EVMs, the BJP said that there was a possibility of machines being tampered and hacked by using malicious programming.
According to Information Technology (IT) expert Hari K Prasad, the programme on the micro-controller, which controls the control unit (CU) of the EVM, could be tampered, the BJP claimed adding that the programme can be tampered by infecting it with a Trojan horse, a malicious computer code.
Alleging involvement of Congress workers in `vote capturing` in different parts of the state, the party has demanded re-polling at several booths.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today