Explosion on ship at Mumbai Port; seven injured
Mumbai: An explosion took place on a chemical tanker docked at the Mumbai Port Trust here on Saturday.
Reports said seven people were injured in the incident. They have been admitted to a local hospital.
The Marshall Islands-flagged chemical tanker `Royal Diamond 7` had caught fire on March 17 also, leading to injuries to seven people.
The chemical tanker was berthed at the New Pir Pau berth (chemical jetty) at the port to discharge a consignment of 2000 tons of Toluene imported by Aegis Chemicals Limited.
The vessel had completed the cargo discharge operations and was carrying out stripping move for sailing out. However, before the ship could set out of the pier, an explosion occurred at its fore.
After last week’s explosion, the vessel was removed from jetty to a safer location in the harbour.
The Director General, Shipping has already ordered an inquiry into the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani