Explosion on ship at Mumbai Port; seven injured
Mumbai: An explosion took place on a chemical tanker docked at the Mumbai Port Trust here on Saturday.
Reports said seven people were injured in the incident. They have been admitted to a local hospital.
The Marshall Islands-flagged chemical tanker `Royal Diamond 7` had caught fire on March 17 also, leading to injuries to seven people.
The chemical tanker was berthed at the New Pir Pau berth (chemical jetty) at the port to discharge a consignment of 2000 tons of Toluene imported by Aegis Chemicals Limited.
The vessel had completed the cargo discharge operations and was carrying out stripping move for sailing out. However, before the ship could set out of the pier, an explosion occurred at its fore.
After last week’s explosion, the vessel was removed from jetty to a safer location in the harbour.
The Director General, Shipping has already ordered an inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users