Explosion on ship at Mumbai Port; seven injured
Mumbai: An explosion took place on a chemical tanker docked at the Mumbai Port Trust here on Saturday.
Reports said seven people were injured in the incident. They have been admitted to a local hospital.
The Marshall Islands-flagged chemical tanker `Royal Diamond 7` had caught fire on March 17 also, leading to injuries to seven people.
The chemical tanker was berthed at the New Pir Pau berth (chemical jetty) at the port to discharge a consignment of 2000 tons of Toluene imported by Aegis Chemicals Limited.
The vessel had completed the cargo discharge operations and was carrying out stripping move for sailing out. However, before the ship could set out of the pier, an explosion occurred at its fore.
After last week’s explosion, the vessel was removed from jetty to a safer location in the harbour.
The Director General, Shipping has already ordered an inquiry into the matter.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today