Explosion on ship at Mumbai Port; seven injured
Mumbai: An explosion took place on a chemical tanker docked at the Mumbai Port Trust here on Saturday.
Reports said seven people were injured in the incident. They have been admitted to a local hospital.
The Marshall Islands-flagged chemical tanker `Royal Diamond 7` had caught fire on March 17 also, leading to injuries to seven people.
The chemical tanker was berthed at the New Pir Pau berth (chemical jetty) at the port to discharge a consignment of 2000 tons of Toluene imported by Aegis Chemicals Limited.
The vessel had completed the cargo discharge operations and was carrying out stripping move for sailing out. However, before the ship could set out of the pier, an explosion occurred at its fore.
After last week’s explosion, the vessel was removed from jetty to a safer location in the harbour.
The Director General, Shipping has already ordered an inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation