Explosion on ship at Mumbai Port; seven injured
Mumbai: An explosion took place on a chemical tanker docked at the Mumbai Port Trust here on Saturday.
Reports said seven people were injured in the incident. They have been admitted to a local hospital.
The Marshall Islands-flagged chemical tanker `Royal Diamond 7` had caught fire on March 17 also, leading to injuries to seven people.
The chemical tanker was berthed at the New Pir Pau berth (chemical jetty) at the port to discharge a consignment of 2000 tons of Toluene imported by Aegis Chemicals Limited.
The vessel had completed the cargo discharge operations and was carrying out stripping move for sailing out. However, before the ship could set out of the pier, an explosion occurred at its fore.
After last week’s explosion, the vessel was removed from jetty to a safer location in the harbour.
The Director General, Shipping has already ordered an inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal