Family of eight booked for dowry harassment in Thane
Thane: A case has been booked against eight persons, including three women, for alleged harassment of a housewife at powerloom town of Bhiwandi in Thane district, police said Thursday.
The complainant, Laxita Khandelwar (24) said in her complaint that she had been subjected to physical torture and harassment by her husband and her in-laws during June 2009 to July 2013, Inspector R L Dhatavkar of Nizampura police station said.
Following her complaint, police booked a case under various sections of IPC yesterday.
According to the victim, her husband and in-laws tortured her as she could not bring money from her parents, as her husband wanted to start a new business.
"Laxita said in her complaint that her husband Hitendra once kicked her in abdomen when she was pregnant and as a result of which the foetus died. She also alleged that her mother-in-law and two brothers-in-law tried to kill her by strangulating her," Dhatavkar said.
The accused also included distant relatives of her husband and in-laws.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Gujarat govt relents, announces 10% quota for EBCs including Patidars; Congress calls it 'mere tokenism'
- Oh fresh! Check out how dramatic is the new 'Udta Punjab' poster
- TRAGIC! Not Shahid Afridi but this Pakistani pacer has lost his first child...
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar