Family of eight booked for dowry harassment in Thane
Thane: A case has been booked against eight persons, including three women, for alleged harassment of a housewife at powerloom town of Bhiwandi in Thane district, police said Thursday.
The complainant, Laxita Khandelwar (24) said in her complaint that she had been subjected to physical torture and harassment by her husband and her in-laws during June 2009 to July 2013, Inspector R L Dhatavkar of Nizampura police station said.
Following her complaint, police booked a case under various sections of IPC yesterday.
According to the victim, her husband and in-laws tortured her as she could not bring money from her parents, as her husband wanted to start a new business.
"Laxita said in her complaint that her husband Hitendra once kicked her in abdomen when she was pregnant and as a result of which the foetus died. She also alleged that her mother-in-law and two brothers-in-law tried to kill her by strangulating her," Dhatavkar said.
The accused also included distant relatives of her husband and in-laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why