Father held for torturing 13-month-old daughter
Pune: In a throwback to 2012 baby battering cases of Falak in Delhi and Ahuti Joshi in Mumbai, a 13-month-old girl was allegedly brutally beaten up by her father who was joined by some of his women relatives in the torture at their residence, police said on Wednesday.
The baby Jiya, with her both legs and a hand fractured, had been admitted to a private hospital in Theragon near here last week, they said, adding the parents told the hospital authorities that the girl sustained injuries as she fell from her bed at their residence in Pimpri-Chinchwad town.
The girl`s father Dastagir Hukkeri (28) was arrested on December 31 for allegedly thrashing his daughter as he was enraged over the birth of the third baby girl, police said.
Dastagir had two daughters from his previous marriage and remarried, apparently to have a son. However, his second wife too gave birth to the girl child.
According to police, the accused allegedly beat up Jiya with a rolling pin at his residence, police said, adding his wife kept mum as he had threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed the torture.
However, she finally approached the police on December 31 and lodged a complaint against Dastagir and three of his women relatives, following which police arrested them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list