Father held for torturing 13-month-old daughter
Pune: In a throwback to 2012 baby battering cases of Falak in Delhi and Ahuti Joshi in Mumbai, a 13-month-old girl was allegedly brutally beaten up by her father who was joined by some of his women relatives in the torture at their residence, police said on Wednesday.
The baby Jiya, with her both legs and a hand fractured, had been admitted to a private hospital in Theragon near here last week, they said, adding the parents told the hospital authorities that the girl sustained injuries as she fell from her bed at their residence in Pimpri-Chinchwad town.
The girl`s father Dastagir Hukkeri (28) was arrested on December 31 for allegedly thrashing his daughter as he was enraged over the birth of the third baby girl, police said.
Dastagir had two daughters from his previous marriage and remarried, apparently to have a son. However, his second wife too gave birth to the girl child.
According to police, the accused allegedly beat up Jiya with a rolling pin at his residence, police said, adding his wife kept mum as he had threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed the torture.
However, she finally approached the police on December 31 and lodged a complaint against Dastagir and three of his women relatives, following which police arrested them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!