Final farewell to Joy Mukherjee
Mumbai: Veteran actor-filmmaker Joy Mukherjee, who passed away due to prolonged illness, was cremated here on Saturday morning.
The last rites were performed at around 11.30 am at the Versova crematorium. Besides family members, those who came to offer their prayers to the departed soul included his actress niece Kajol, composer Bappi Lahiri, actor Raza Murad and
Mukherjee, 73, died at the Lilavati hospital here yesterday afternoon due to prolonged illness and old age, his spokesperson had said.
He was admitted in the hospital on Monday and since then he was in critical condition.
The 73-year-old made his acting debut in 1960 with `Love in Simla` and later went on to deliver hits like `Love in Tokyo`, `Ziddi`, `Ek Musafir Ek Hasina`, `Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet