Final farewell to Joy Mukherjee
Mumbai: Veteran actor-filmmaker Joy Mukherjee, who passed away due to prolonged illness, was cremated here on Saturday morning.
The last rites were performed at around 11.30 am at the Versova crematorium. Besides family members, those who came to offer their prayers to the departed soul included his actress niece Kajol, composer Bappi Lahiri, actor Raza Murad and
Mukherjee, 73, died at the Lilavati hospital here yesterday afternoon due to prolonged illness and old age, his spokesperson had said.
He was admitted in the hospital on Monday and since then he was in critical condition.
The 73-year-old made his acting debut in 1960 with `Love in Simla` and later went on to deliver hits like `Love in Tokyo`, `Ziddi`, `Ek Musafir Ek Hasina`, `Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation