Fire at Mumbai Mantralaya
Mumbai: A fire broke out in Mantralaya, the state government headquarters at Nariman Point here Saturday afternoon, officials said.
The blaze was noticed around 12 noon on the fourth floor of the main building, said an official of BMC Disaster Control Room.
Since Saturday is also a weekend holiday, there were no staffers in the building.
According to preliminary information, a suspected short-circuit could have caused the conflagration.
Seven fire tenders were rushed to tackle the blaze, which was brought under control a short time later.
This is the second fire in Mantralaya in the past 10 months. Last year, June 21, a major fire gutted large parts of the building killing at least five persons, including some government staffers.
After that incident, the building has been undergoing major repairs and renovation works.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi