Fire at Mumbai Mantralaya
Mumbai: A fire broke out in Mantralaya, the state government headquarters at Nariman Point here Saturday afternoon, officials said.
The blaze was noticed around 12 noon on the fourth floor of the main building, said an official of BMC Disaster Control Room.
Since Saturday is also a weekend holiday, there were no staffers in the building.
According to preliminary information, a suspected short-circuit could have caused the conflagration.
Seven fire tenders were rushed to tackle the blaze, which was brought under control a short time later.
This is the second fire in Mantralaya in the past 10 months. Last year, June 21, a major fire gutted large parts of the building killing at least five persons, including some government staffers.
After that incident, the building has been undergoing major repairs and renovation works.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?