Five MNS workers held for attacking Indiabulls office
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police is reported to have arrested five Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers for allegedly vandalising the Dadar office of Indiabulls.
According to police, the accused were part of 16-member group that damaged property at the Indiabulls office at Dadar at around 8.30 pm on Sunday.
Senior Police Inspector Prakash Patil said: "We have arrested five Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) party workers for vandalising the Indiabulls building in Lower Parel area. They are being questioned."
Alleged MNS workers attacked another Indiabulls finance company`s office in Amravati, in Vidarbha region, on Monday.
The Sunday attack took place hours after MNS chief Raj Thackeray alleged at a rally at Amravati that water meant for drought-hit farmers was being diverted to private companies.
Raj Thackeray said that the water meant for drinking and irrigation in Vidarbha region is being diverted for the Indiabulls thermal power project in Amravati district.
He cited official statistics to reveal how irrigation projects were languishing for decades and though there were astronomical cost escalations, the projects have remained incomplete, even as large parts of the state were grappling with the worst ever drought in four decades.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!