Five MNS workers held for attacking Indiabulls office
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police is reported to have arrested five Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers for allegedly vandalising the Dadar office of Indiabulls.
According to police, the accused were part of 16-member group that damaged property at the Indiabulls office at Dadar at around 8.30 pm on Sunday.
Senior Police Inspector Prakash Patil said: "We have arrested five Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) party workers for vandalising the Indiabulls building in Lower Parel area. They are being questioned."
Alleged MNS workers attacked another Indiabulls finance company`s office in Amravati, in Vidarbha region, on Monday.
The Sunday attack took place hours after MNS chief Raj Thackeray alleged at a rally at Amravati that water meant for drought-hit farmers was being diverted to private companies.
Raj Thackeray said that the water meant for drinking and irrigation in Vidarbha region is being diverted for the Indiabulls thermal power project in Amravati district.
He cited official statistics to reveal how irrigation projects were languishing for decades and though there were astronomical cost escalations, the projects have remained incomplete, even as large parts of the state were grappling with the worst ever drought in four decades.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention
- Tim Kaine accepts Democratic nomination for VP
- Decoded! 5 exciting details of your PAN number