Five MNS workers held for attacking Indiabulls office
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police is reported to have arrested five Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers for allegedly vandalising the Dadar office of Indiabulls.
According to police, the accused were part of 16-member group that damaged property at the Indiabulls office at Dadar at around 8.30 pm on Sunday.
Senior Police Inspector Prakash Patil said: "We have arrested five Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) party workers for vandalising the Indiabulls building in Lower Parel area. They are being questioned."
Alleged MNS workers attacked another Indiabulls finance company`s office in Amravati, in Vidarbha region, on Monday.
The Sunday attack took place hours after MNS chief Raj Thackeray alleged at a rally at Amravati that water meant for drought-hit farmers was being diverted to private companies.
Raj Thackeray said that the water meant for drinking and irrigation in Vidarbha region is being diverted for the Indiabulls thermal power project in Amravati district.
He cited official statistics to reveal how irrigation projects were languishing for decades and though there were astronomical cost escalations, the projects have remained incomplete, even as large parts of the state were grappling with the worst ever drought in four decades.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh