Five MNS workers held for attacking Indiabulls office
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police is reported to have arrested five Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers for allegedly vandalising the Dadar office of Indiabulls.
According to police, the accused were part of 16-member group that damaged property at the Indiabulls office at Dadar at around 8.30 pm on Sunday.
Senior Police Inspector Prakash Patil said: "We have arrested five Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) party workers for vandalising the Indiabulls building in Lower Parel area. They are being questioned."
Alleged MNS workers attacked another Indiabulls finance company`s office in Amravati, in Vidarbha region, on Monday.
The Sunday attack took place hours after MNS chief Raj Thackeray alleged at a rally at Amravati that water meant for drought-hit farmers was being diverted to private companies.
Raj Thackeray said that the water meant for drinking and irrigation in Vidarbha region is being diverted for the Indiabulls thermal power project in Amravati district.
He cited official statistics to reveal how irrigation projects were languishing for decades and though there were astronomical cost escalations, the projects have remained incomplete, even as large parts of the state were grappling with the worst ever drought in four decades.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'