Food Security scheme launched in Nagpur
Nagpur: Launching the Food Security scheme for the poor families in Nagpur, Maharashtra Social Justice minister has asked the officials to ensure there were no irregularities in distribution of food grains.
The central government has introduced the scheme for the benefit of poor section of the society and each poor family should get and take benefit of it, minister Shivajirao Moghe said yesterday while launching the scheme in Panchsheel Nagar here.
He called on the officials of the Food and Civil Supplies department to maintain transparency and ensure no irregularities were committed in distribution of food grains.
About 10,09,621 persons will be benefited in Nagpur district with the scheme, which was earlier launched in the state by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar in Mumbai.
The District Guardian Ministers are launching it at the district level.
District Collector Saurabh Rao, Deputy Commissioner (Supplies) Ramesh Mawaskar and others were present on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case