Food Security scheme launched in Nagpur
Nagpur: Launching the Food Security scheme for the poor families in Nagpur, Maharashtra Social Justice minister has asked the officials to ensure there were no irregularities in distribution of food grains.
The central government has introduced the scheme for the benefit of poor section of the society and each poor family should get and take benefit of it, minister Shivajirao Moghe said yesterday while launching the scheme in Panchsheel Nagar here.
He called on the officials of the Food and Civil Supplies department to maintain transparency and ensure no irregularities were committed in distribution of food grains.
About 10,09,621 persons will be benefited in Nagpur district with the scheme, which was earlier launched in the state by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar in Mumbai.
The District Guardian Ministers are launching it at the district level.
District Collector Saurabh Rao, Deputy Commissioner (Supplies) Ramesh Mawaskar and others were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter