Former Maharashtra minister Subhash Zanak passes away
Akola: Subhash Zanak, the Congress MLA from Risod constituency and ex-Cabinet minister of Women and Child Development in Maharashtra government, died at a hospital here, family sources said.
The 55-year-old leader died of cardiac arrest at a private hospital here on Tuesday. He is survived by wife, a son and a daughter.
Zanak represented Medshi Assembly seat twice and was elected from Risod Malegoan Assembly seat (newly created) during the last state elections (2009).
A well known rural leader in west Vidarbha region, he became the Minister of State in Ashok Chavan`s ministry in 2008.
His body has been taken to his native Mangul Zanak village in the district for the last rites to be performed today, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read