Four-day-old girl abandoned in Mumbai dustbin
Mumbai: Residents of a Mumbai suburb found a new-born baby abandoned in a dustbin. The baby girl was initially thought to be 10 days old but on medical examination it was found that the tiny soul was just 4 days old when she was left to the mercy of the world by those who were her own.
The baby was found in a dustbin near Milan subway in Santacruz on Thursday evening when passersby heard the cries of a baby from the garbage dump.
They peeped inside to find a baby with wide beautiful eyes lying wrapped in a cloth.
The police were informed who duly took the baby to the Sion Hospital. As per hospital authorities, the baby is in good health.
The police looking for eyewitnesses, even as an FIR has been filed against unknown persons under section 317 (exposure and abandonment of child under 12 years by parent or person having care of it) of the Indian Penal Code.
Last month a newborn boy was found abandoned in a Thane-bound local train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'