Four-day-old girl abandoned in Mumbai dustbin
Mumbai: Residents of a Mumbai suburb found a new-born baby abandoned in a dustbin. The baby girl was initially thought to be 10 days old but on medical examination it was found that the tiny soul was just 4 days old when she was left to the mercy of the world by those who were her own.
The baby was found in a dustbin near Milan subway in Santacruz on Thursday evening when passersby heard the cries of a baby from the garbage dump.
They peeped inside to find a baby with wide beautiful eyes lying wrapped in a cloth.
The police were informed who duly took the baby to the Sion Hospital. As per hospital authorities, the baby is in good health.
The police looking for eyewitnesses, even as an FIR has been filed against unknown persons under section 317 (exposure and abandonment of child under 12 years by parent or person having care of it) of the Indian Penal Code.
Last month a newborn boy was found abandoned in a Thane-bound local train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter