Four-day-old girl abandoned in Mumbai dustbin
Mumbai: Residents of a Mumbai suburb found a new-born baby abandoned in a dustbin. The baby girl was initially thought to be 10 days old but on medical examination it was found that the tiny soul was just 4 days old when she was left to the mercy of the world by those who were her own.
The baby was found in a dustbin near Milan subway in Santacruz on Thursday evening when passersby heard the cries of a baby from the garbage dump.
They peeped inside to find a baby with wide beautiful eyes lying wrapped in a cloth.
The police were informed who duly took the baby to the Sion Hospital. As per hospital authorities, the baby is in good health.
The police looking for eyewitnesses, even as an FIR has been filed against unknown persons under section 317 (exposure and abandonment of child under 12 years by parent or person having care of it) of the Indian Penal Code.
Last month a newborn boy was found abandoned in a Thane-bound local train.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?