Gawli shifted to Nagpur prison
Nagpur: Gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli, sentenced to life imprisonment in the Shiv Sena Corporator Kamlakar Jamsandekar murder case, has been shifted to the Central Prison here.
The former MLA from Mumbai was brought to the city amidst tight security by road last evening from Taloja Jail in Navi Mumbai, police sources said today.
Gawli was lodged in Mumbai`s Arthur Road Jail during the trial of the 2008 murder case. He was shifted to Taloja Jail after his conviction by a Special MCOCA Court in August this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read