Gawli shifted to Nagpur prison
Nagpur: Gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli, sentenced to life imprisonment in the Shiv Sena Corporator Kamlakar Jamsandekar murder case, has been shifted to the Central Prison here.
The former MLA from Mumbai was brought to the city amidst tight security by road last evening from Taloja Jail in Navi Mumbai, police sources said today.
Gawli was lodged in Mumbai`s Arthur Road Jail during the trial of the 2008 murder case. He was shifted to Taloja Jail after his conviction by a Special MCOCA Court in August this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog