Gawli shifted to Nagpur prison
Nagpur: Gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli, sentenced to life imprisonment in the Shiv Sena Corporator Kamlakar Jamsandekar murder case, has been shifted to the Central Prison here.
The former MLA from Mumbai was brought to the city amidst tight security by road last evening from Taloja Jail in Navi Mumbai, police sources said today.
Gawli was lodged in Mumbai`s Arthur Road Jail during the trial of the 2008 murder case. He was shifted to Taloja Jail after his conviction by a Special MCOCA Court in August this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31