Give impetus to infra, industry development: Gadkari to Chavan
Mumbai: Expressing displeasure over the slow pace of infrastructure development in Maharashtra, former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari has asked Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to give necessary impetus to infrastructure growth in the state.
"Maharashtra, once the number one state in terms of industrial and infrastructure growth is lagging behind from last few years drastically on this account."
"The indecisive attitude of the state government has affected the pace of infrastructure development in the state. The two big sectors affected are infrastructure and industry." Gadkari said, in a letter to Chavan.
"When you took charge of the government two years ago, you had promised fast-track decisions in infrastructure projects. But not one of these mega projects, amounting to over Rs 550,000 crore, has moved.
Citing news reports of political conflict between the Congress and the NCP, Gadkari said it is "appearing to have adversely affecting the smooth functioning of the administration in the state government."
"Mumbai city is bearing the biggest brunt of this. Various major infrastructure development projects in Mumbai have been substantially delayed, facing huge cost overruns or have simply failed to even get started," Gadkari alleged.
"Some projects that got delayed, like the Navi Mumbai airport and the coastal road have remained on paper in the past 24 months," he added
On delays in the monorail project and phase one of the metro rail project, Gadkari alleged that delay is because of issues related to illegal land encroachment and delays in getting permission from civic bodies and various authorities like railways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues