Hacking case: `Foreigner` planted skimming device in Colaba ATM
Mumbai: Police investigating the Axis Bank accounts hacking case, where money from salaried accounts of some policemen was fraudulently withdrawn in Greece, suspect that a foreigner attached a "skimming" device to the ATM in Colaba to clone debit cards of cops.
"The process of scrutinising the CCTV footage obtained from the ATM is over. We suspect that a foreigner attached the skimming device (to the ATM)," said a police official without elaborating.
The ATM which was bugged by fraudsters is located near the police headquarters in South Mumbai.
The investigators had said that the device was planted between May 7 and May 29 and also did not deny the possibility of questioning the accused arrested in connection with a 2012 credit cards fraud case in which some African nationals and a trader from Ulhasnagar in neighbouring Thane district were involved.
A total of 29 Axis Bank accounts, including 12 operated by Mumbai policemen, had been hacked in the last two months and Rs 13 lakh withdrawn through ATMs in euro currency in Greece.
The accounts were hacked during April and May.
Axis Bank had said it compensated all the affected customers and launched an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog