Heavy rains in Mumbai; high tides predicted
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains have struck Mumbai yet again.
On Tuesday afternoon, Mumbai experienced unrelenting rains which have thrown the city out of gear.
High tides of 4.93 meters are expected to hit the Mumbai coast today, says the MeT department. The people of Mumbai are being advised to stay away from the seas as the water level has risen.
Due to the rains, water shortage which was lingering on the city has been met with, which is a big relief for the Mumbaikars.
Earlier, the MeT department had warned of heavy rains in the coming days. The air traffic is also expected to be hit due to the heavy rains.
Mumbai had experienced heavy rainfall on June 17 which also caused two building collapses causing loss of life and property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral