Heavy rains to continue in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Heavy rains are likely to continue in the financial capital on Thursday, the state Met department has said.
Heavy downpour began in Mumbai on Tuesday and continued through Wednesday. The trend is likely to continue today as well as tomorrow.
According to V K Rajeev, director (weather forecast), IMD-Mumbai, a low pressure area over Odisha that has strengthened the westerly winds coupled with the strengthening of the offshore trough stretching from the Gujarat coast to the Kerala coast are causing the heavy rainfall.
There are likely to be heavy showers over the whole Konkan and Goa region, Rajeev added.
On Wednesday, one person was killed and two others were injured when heavy rains triggered a landslide on a hillock in central Mumbai.
The hillock at Antop Hill suddenly crashed down on five tenements situated below.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured