Heavy rains to continue in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Heavy rains are likely to continue in the financial capital on Thursday, the state Met department has said.
Heavy downpour began in Mumbai on Tuesday and continued through Wednesday. The trend is likely to continue today as well as tomorrow.
According to V K Rajeev, director (weather forecast), IMD-Mumbai, a low pressure area over Odisha that has strengthened the westerly winds coupled with the strengthening of the offshore trough stretching from the Gujarat coast to the Kerala coast are causing the heavy rainfall.
There are likely to be heavy showers over the whole Konkan and Goa region, Rajeev added.
On Wednesday, one person was killed and two others were injured when heavy rains triggered a landslide on a hillock in central Mumbai.
The hillock at Antop Hill suddenly crashed down on five tenements situated below.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw