Heavy rains to continue in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Heavy rains are likely to continue in the financial capital on Thursday, the state Met department has said.
Heavy downpour began in Mumbai on Tuesday and continued through Wednesday. The trend is likely to continue today as well as tomorrow.
According to V K Rajeev, director (weather forecast), IMD-Mumbai, a low pressure area over Odisha that has strengthened the westerly winds coupled with the strengthening of the offshore trough stretching from the Gujarat coast to the Kerala coast are causing the heavy rainfall.
There are likely to be heavy showers over the whole Konkan and Goa region, Rajeev added.
On Wednesday, one person was killed and two others were injured when heavy rains triggered a landslide on a hillock in central Mumbai.
The hillock at Antop Hill suddenly crashed down on five tenements situated below.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win