India Security Press stir at Nashik called off: Union
Nashik: A `stop work` agitation at the India Security Press and Currency Note Press units here was called off on Sunday following assurance from top officials of the Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India, a union leader said.
"SPMCIL Deputy General Manager B J Gupta, New Delhi, and General Manager of India Security Press T R Gauda held meeting with the protesting union leaders and assured them of resolving the issue within a forth-night", said Working President of ISP labour unit Jagdish Godse.
The workers resorted to "stop work" agitation from Friday evening following an altercation between a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Commander Rohit Ashwin Kumar and workers during routine check-up.
The CISF mans the security at the ISP and Currency Note Press units, located in Nashikroad area.
Earlier, the workers` stayed put on their demand for the transfer of Kumar even though CISF`s Special Inspector General, Mumbai, Anjani Kumar Singh discussed the issue with ISP General Manager T R Gauda and union leaders.
The union had threatened that all seven security press units in the country under the SPMCIL will join the "stop-work" agitation in support of ISP workers from tomorrow if their demand is not complied with.
Godse said that all workers of Currency Note Press and India Security Press are resuming their duty as per schedule.
India Security Press is a government press where items like passports, visas, postage stamps etc are printed, whereas Currency Note Press prints Currency Notes of denominations as per the requirements and indents placed by Reserve Bank of India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read