Inquiry report in FB post case expected tomorrow: Maha govt
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Tuesday said the inquiry, ordered into the arrest of two girls from Palghar for their Facebook comments against the shutdown for Shiv Sena Chief Bal Thackeray`s funeral, is expected tomorrow.
"The inquiry has begun and will look into whether the arrests were warranted and whether the sections applied were correct. Similarly, the probe will also investigate the incident of vandalism in the aftermath," Home Minister RR Patil said.
The government instituted an inquiry headed by the Konkan range IG into the matter yesterday and sought a report immediately.
Patil said it would be wrong on his part to comment on the police action when the inquiry was on.
The report of the IG level inquiry in the case is expected tomorrow, he said.
"Government has taken the incident very seriously," he said, adding more clarity was required in the IT Act to prevent misuse.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan told reporters, "Let the report come, then action would be taken."
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena spokesman Sanjay Raut justified the police action against the two girls.
"Balasaheb`s death has been a shock to the entire nation. Sainiks showed tremendous restrain in controlling their emotions," Raut told PTI.
"The bandh was spontaneous and not forced by Sena. It was because of love and respect for Balasaheb. Shiv Sainiks were naturally upset at the misuse of the social media to post provocative comments," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know