Inquiry report in FB post case expected tomorrow: Maha govt
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Tuesday said the inquiry, ordered into the arrest of two girls from Palghar for their Facebook comments against the shutdown for Shiv Sena Chief Bal Thackeray`s funeral, is expected tomorrow.
"The inquiry has begun and will look into whether the arrests were warranted and whether the sections applied were correct. Similarly, the probe will also investigate the incident of vandalism in the aftermath," Home Minister RR Patil said.
The government instituted an inquiry headed by the Konkan range IG into the matter yesterday and sought a report immediately.
Patil said it would be wrong on his part to comment on the police action when the inquiry was on.
The report of the IG level inquiry in the case is expected tomorrow, he said.
"Government has taken the incident very seriously," he said, adding more clarity was required in the IT Act to prevent misuse.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan told reporters, "Let the report come, then action would be taken."
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena spokesman Sanjay Raut justified the police action against the two girls.
"Balasaheb`s death has been a shock to the entire nation. Sainiks showed tremendous restrain in controlling their emotions," Raut told PTI.
"The bandh was spontaneous and not forced by Sena. It was because of love and respect for Balasaheb. Shiv Sainiks were naturally upset at the misuse of the social media to post provocative comments," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’