Late Syedna`s kin file complaint against Mufaddal`s followers
Mumbai: A complaint has been registered against followers of Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin for allegedly preventing the sons of Khuzaima Qutbuddin, the half-brother of late 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin from performing `ziyarat` (paying respects) of their late grandfather and their uncle, police said here on Saturday.
According to JJ Marg police station, a complaint was filed by sons of Khuzaima Qutbuddin, (self-proclaimed head of the Dawoodi Bohra community) saying that they were `physically prevented` from paying their respects to the 51st Dai al-Mutlaq (Taher Saifuddin) as well as his successor Mohammad Burhanuddin at the Raudat Tahera mausoleum in Bhendi Bazar here yesterday.
"We have registered non-cognisable complaints against three followers of Mufaddal, but have not yet detained anybody. We will be calling them to the police station today and will warn them against repeating this in the future," Senior Police Inspector Shashikant Surve told PTI.
In a statement issued to the media last evening, Khuzaima`s sons--Abdeali Qutubuddin and Aziz Qutubuddin--said they were "physically prevented from paying their respects by "certain unruly elements", which they claimed were members of the Burhani Guard`s Jehadi group.
"In spite of the police trying to have a peaceful discussion with them, the Burhani Guards in an act of complete disregard for law and order and the sanctity of the holy mausoleum, gathered more members and again assaulted and physically pushed out the sons," the statement said.
Khuzaima Qutbuddin had earlier filed a suit in the Bombay High Court seeking to restrain Syedna Muffadil Saifuddin from holding himself or doing any acts, deeds or things as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the community.
The matter is pending before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why