Late Syedna`s kin file complaint against Mufaddal`s followers
Mumbai: A complaint has been registered against followers of Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin for allegedly preventing the sons of Khuzaima Qutbuddin, the half-brother of late 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin from performing `ziyarat` (paying respects) of their late grandfather and their uncle, police said here on Saturday.
According to JJ Marg police station, a complaint was filed by sons of Khuzaima Qutbuddin, (self-proclaimed head of the Dawoodi Bohra community) saying that they were `physically prevented` from paying their respects to the 51st Dai al-Mutlaq (Taher Saifuddin) as well as his successor Mohammad Burhanuddin at the Raudat Tahera mausoleum in Bhendi Bazar here yesterday.
"We have registered non-cognisable complaints against three followers of Mufaddal, but have not yet detained anybody. We will be calling them to the police station today and will warn them against repeating this in the future," Senior Police Inspector Shashikant Surve told PTI.
In a statement issued to the media last evening, Khuzaima`s sons--Abdeali Qutubuddin and Aziz Qutubuddin--said they were "physically prevented from paying their respects by "certain unruly elements", which they claimed were members of the Burhani Guard`s Jehadi group.
"In spite of the police trying to have a peaceful discussion with them, the Burhani Guards in an act of complete disregard for law and order and the sanctity of the holy mausoleum, gathered more members and again assaulted and physically pushed out the sons," the statement said.
Khuzaima Qutbuddin had earlier filed a suit in the Bombay High Court seeking to restrain Syedna Muffadil Saifuddin from holding himself or doing any acts, deeds or things as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the community.
The matter is pending before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price