Maha Assembly adjourned over fund allocation to legislators
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly was adjourned for the day today after Opposition legislators created noisy scenes, protesting the "disparity" in allocation of development funds to them.
Soon after the House commenced proceedings, Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP members began shouting slogans, decrying the state government for the "uneven" quantum of funds for ruling and Opposition legislators.
Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse alleged the Congress- NCP government had favoured legislators from the ruling parties while allocating funds for development.
Industry minister Narayan Rane and PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal objected to Opposition legislators creating noisy scenes while Khadse was speaking.
As the slogan shouting continued, Speaker Dilip Walse Patil announced suspension of the Question Hour. When the House resumed proceedings again, the noisy scenes continued, prompting Deputy Speaker Vasant Purke, who was in the chair, to adjourn the House for half-an-hour.
When the proceedings began again, the slogan shouting continued. Purke appealed the legislators to maintain decorum and allow passage of a resolution congratulating officers and jawans of the Indian armed forces for the valour they displayed during relief and rescue operations in Uttarakhand.
However, the legislators were in no mood to relent, following which Purke adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'