Maha Assembly adjourned over fund allocation to legislators
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly was adjourned for the day today after Opposition legislators created noisy scenes, protesting the "disparity" in allocation of development funds to them.
Soon after the House commenced proceedings, Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP members began shouting slogans, decrying the state government for the "uneven" quantum of funds for ruling and Opposition legislators.
Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse alleged the Congress- NCP government had favoured legislators from the ruling parties while allocating funds for development.
Industry minister Narayan Rane and PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal objected to Opposition legislators creating noisy scenes while Khadse was speaking.
As the slogan shouting continued, Speaker Dilip Walse Patil announced suspension of the Question Hour. When the House resumed proceedings again, the noisy scenes continued, prompting Deputy Speaker Vasant Purke, who was in the chair, to adjourn the House for half-an-hour.
When the proceedings began again, the slogan shouting continued. Purke appealed the legislators to maintain decorum and allow passage of a resolution congratulating officers and jawans of the Indian armed forces for the valour they displayed during relief and rescue operations in Uttarakhand.
However, the legislators were in no mood to relent, following which Purke adjourned the House for the day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement