Maha CM meets Congress leaders to discuss 2014 poll preparations
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday met senior party leaders to discuss organisational restructuring of the state Congress to prepare for the 2014 Lok Sabha and assembly elections.
Besides Chavan, state Congress unit president Manikrao Thakre, All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge of the state Mohan Prakash, as well as senior ministers like Narayan Rane, Patangrao Kadam, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, Harshvardhan Patil and Arif Mohammed Naseem Khan attended the meeting.
Discussions revolved around strengthening booth committees and assigning responsibilities of each parliamentary and assembly constituency to ministers.
A meeting of the Pradesh Congress Commitee (PCC) delegates will be held tomorrow to discuss the prevailing political situation in the state and preparations for elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!