Maha CM meets Congress leaders to discuss 2014 poll preparations
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday met senior party leaders to discuss organisational restructuring of the state Congress to prepare for the 2014 Lok Sabha and assembly elections.
Besides Chavan, state Congress unit president Manikrao Thakre, All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge of the state Mohan Prakash, as well as senior ministers like Narayan Rane, Patangrao Kadam, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, Harshvardhan Patil and Arif Mohammed Naseem Khan attended the meeting.
Discussions revolved around strengthening booth committees and assigning responsibilities of each parliamentary and assembly constituency to ministers.
A meeting of the Pradesh Congress Commitee (PCC) delegates will be held tomorrow to discuss the prevailing political situation in the state and preparations for elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months