Maha CM meets Congress leaders to discuss 2014 poll preparations
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday met senior party leaders to discuss organisational restructuring of the state Congress to prepare for the 2014 Lok Sabha and assembly elections.
Besides Chavan, state Congress unit president Manikrao Thakre, All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge of the state Mohan Prakash, as well as senior ministers like Narayan Rane, Patangrao Kadam, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, Harshvardhan Patil and Arif Mohammed Naseem Khan attended the meeting.
Discussions revolved around strengthening booth committees and assigning responsibilities of each parliamentary and assembly constituency to ministers.
A meeting of the Pradesh Congress Commitee (PCC) delegates will be held tomorrow to discuss the prevailing political situation in the state and preparations for elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region