Maha CM meets Congress leaders to discuss 2014 poll preparations
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday met senior party leaders to discuss organisational restructuring of the state Congress to prepare for the 2014 Lok Sabha and assembly elections.
Besides Chavan, state Congress unit president Manikrao Thakre, All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge of the state Mohan Prakash, as well as senior ministers like Narayan Rane, Patangrao Kadam, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, Harshvardhan Patil and Arif Mohammed Naseem Khan attended the meeting.
Discussions revolved around strengthening booth committees and assigning responsibilities of each parliamentary and assembly constituency to ministers.
A meeting of the Pradesh Congress Commitee (PCC) delegates will be held tomorrow to discuss the prevailing political situation in the state and preparations for elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company