Maha CM meets Congress leaders to discuss 2014 poll preparations
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday met senior party leaders to discuss organisational restructuring of the state Congress to prepare for the 2014 Lok Sabha and assembly elections.
Besides Chavan, state Congress unit president Manikrao Thakre, All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge of the state Mohan Prakash, as well as senior ministers like Narayan Rane, Patangrao Kadam, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, Harshvardhan Patil and Arif Mohammed Naseem Khan attended the meeting.
Discussions revolved around strengthening booth committees and assigning responsibilities of each parliamentary and assembly constituency to ministers.
A meeting of the Pradesh Congress Commitee (PCC) delegates will be held tomorrow to discuss the prevailing political situation in the state and preparations for elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rashtrapati Bhavan battles mosquitoes
- Rio Olympics inspired mural sets new Guinness World Record
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready