Maha doctor booked for female foeticide
Nashik: Police have booked a lady doctor and a woman`s family in Maharashtra`s Dhule district for allegedly aborting a five-month female foetus.
Pratibha Gyaneshwar Patil told a local health squad that Dr Payal Singhavi allegedly aborted her five-month-old female foetus at a private hospital in Dhule district recently, police said on Friday.
Based on the probe in the case, police registered a case against Dr Payal, the woman`s husband and parents and acting civil surgeon of Dhule Civil hospital, Dr Charudutta Shinde, on Thursday night.
Meanwhile, during a drive to check female foeticide, the district health squad conducted checks at six hospitals at Raver in Jalgaon and sealed a sonography machine, sources said.
Besides, the district health department has appointed 13 squads which have so far examined 55 sonography centres in Nashik district and sealed three of them after irregularities were found.
In the powerloom town of Malegaon, six sonography centres were closed down by hospitals, sources added.
State Chief Secretary J K Banthia would hold a review through video conference on Friday on the issue, district health sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?