Maha govt to set up Bhasha Bhavan for conservation of Marathi
Mumbai: Maharashtra Cabinet on Wednesday approved setting up of a language centre here for development and conservation of Marathi, the state`s official language.
The new building of Bhasha Bhavan would be set up at Dhobi Talao, in place of the old open theatre, and would house offices of the directorates of cultural affairs and language and the Marathi development institute.
"It was observed that many states have set up Bhasha Bhavans for development, conservation and protection of their languages. However, no such structure exists in Maharashtra," an official said.
The decision to set up the Bhasha Bhavan, whose building cost would be around Rs 80 crore, was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
The state government has also decided to implement a scheme aimed at improving soil health. The scheme, valid for five years, would help improve micro nutrients in soil to ensure better crop yield.
The Cabinet was also informed that the water level in reservoirs in the state has gone up to 34 per cent and that sowing operations have been completed in 73 per cent farm land.
The Bhasha Bhavan would also house the offices of Sindhi, Urdu and Gujarati academies, an official release issued here this evening said.
The Bhasha Bhavan would also house a mini-theatre and an auditorium, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand