Maharashtra: 13-month-old girl raped, toddler molested
Solapur: In two separate incidents, a local youth has been arrested for allegedly raping a 13-month-old girl, while a senior citizen was held for molesting a minor girl, police said on Monday.
One Vishal Shivaji Kamble has been arrested for raping the 13-month-old girl in Fakhroddin slum here three days ago, police said.
In the second incident, 61-year-old Radheshyam Kisan Yemul, a resident of Bidi Gharkul locality here, was arrested after he allegedly molested a two-year-old girl here last night.
According to the MIDC police, Yemul lured the child with biscuits, took her to his room and allegedly sexually abused her. However, the child was rescued when neighbours came to the spot after she started screaming. Yemul was roughed up by the mob and was later handed over to the police.
Protesting against these two incidents, local people pelted stones at the police stations in various parts of the city.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters here today, former CPM MLA Narsayya Adam expressed his displeasure over the "deteriorating" law and order situation in the city.
"If two toddlers can be sexually abused in three days in the hometown of the Union Home Minister (Sushilkumar Shinde), imagine what could happen elsewhere in the country?" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre