Maharashtra ATS files chargesheet in 2012 Pune blasts case
Mumbai: Nearly a year after four low intensity blasts ripped the Junglee Maharaj (JM) Road in Pune, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has filed its chargesheet before a special MCOCA court here.
The 3,857-page chargesheet was filed yesterday before special MCOCA Judge YD Shinde against eight arrested accused and five absconding accused.
According to the chargesheet, the blasts were allegedly hatched by members of terror group Indian Mujahideen (IM) with the help of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT).
On August 1 last year, four blasts occurred at different spots on the JM road injuring one person.
The blasts took place outside the Balgandharva auditorium, opposite KFC restaurant near Garware bridge, outside Dena bank branch and outside McDonalds restaurant. A fifth bomb was found later and defused.
The arrested accused are - Asad Khan Jamshed Ali Khan, Imran Khan Wajid Khan Pathan, Firoz alias Hamza Sayeed, Irfan Mustafa Langade, Muneeb Iqbal Memon, Farukh Shaukhat Bhagwan, Sayeed Asif and Bunth Jahagirdar.
The absconding accused are - IM co-founder Riyaz Bhatkal, his brother Iqbal, LeT operatives Faiyaz Kagzi, Wakas Ibrahim and Danish Tabrez.
A look out notice was issued earlier against the absconding accused.
The accused have been charged under the stringent provisions of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA), various sections of the Indian Penal Code and Explosives Act.
The chargesheet includes the statements of over 300 witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!