Maharashtra: RTI activist done to death by nine-member gang
Thane: A 32-year-old shopkeeper-cum-RTI activist from the powerloom town of Bhiwandi, who was allegedly attacked by a nine-member gang, Tuesday died at the IGM Hospital here, police said.
Abrar Ahmad Jamil Ansari was attacked with wooden planks by the gang members on Monday in the Gayatri Nagar locality. Ansari bleeding profusely was rushed to the hospital by locals.
Four of the attackers have been identified in the FIR filed at Shantinagar police station as Shaikh, Ashid Khan, Wasim and Bahatar Puli. The exact motive behind the attack was not immediately known, a police officer said.
A case which was initially registered under Section 325 of the IPC would be now be converted to a formal case, the officer said.
Senior police officers have gone to the hospital to probe the attack and the death of the victim, the police said.
Investigations into the murder will soon be handed over to another senior officer of the Shantinagar police station as per instructions from the office of the Assistant Commissioner of Police of Bhiwandi, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like