Man held for throwing chemical at woman
Mumbai: A 29-year-old man was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly attacking a woman with inflammable chemical in suburban Kandivali here, police said.
The man tried to damage the face of the woman, who received burn injuries on her neck and hands in the incident, they said.
Accused Sachin Shigwan, who is unemployed, was arrested hours after he threw the inflammable chemical at 23-year-old victim while she was watching television at her neighbour`s house in Wadarpada area of Kandivali this morning, police added.
The reason for the attack was that Shigwan, who also stays in the same locality, wanted to take revenge after the victim`s husband had thrashed the accused on Sunday night for trying to create trouble between him and his wife, said a police officer at Samata Nagar police station.
According to police, the victim was sitting in her neighbour`s house when the accused, carrying a bottle of chemical, sprayed it at her and simultaneously torched it with a lighter.
In a bid to save herself, she turned her face following which her neck, back and hands sustained burn injuries.
Her neighbour also sustained burn injuries on her hands when she tried to save the victim, police said, adding, the accused then escaped from the spot.
The duo was rushed to nearby hospital where they are undergoing treatment and are out of danger.
A manhunt was launched for the accused, who was later traced from the same locality, police said.
Shigwan had been trying to severe the relationship between the couple, probably because he might have started liking the victim, police said.
According to police, a few months ago, Shigwan had started telephoning the couple individually and began spreading bad word against each other.
Furious over this, victim`s husband had thrashed the accused on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why