Man kills wife for not conceiving
Thane: A tribal man allegedly killed his wife as he was miffed with her for not being able to conceive during their 15 years of marriage, police said on Sunday.
The couple, residing in a hut at a farm in Dahanu taluka of Thane district, had frequent quarrels over the issue and because of it they were not on good terms, Dahanu police station Sub-Inspector P G Patil said.
During another quarrel on the issue on late Friday night, Bharat Ladak Bharavi (35) brutally attacked his wife Sangeeta (around 30 years of age) with an axe on her face, stomach and other body parts leading to her death, he said.
The accused then fled from the spot.
Police yesterday registered an offence against Bharat under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the accused, police said adding the matter is being probed further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi