Man kills wife for not conceiving
Thane: A tribal man allegedly killed his wife as he was miffed with her for not being able to conceive during their 15 years of marriage, police said on Sunday.
The couple, residing in a hut at a farm in Dahanu taluka of Thane district, had frequent quarrels over the issue and because of it they were not on good terms, Dahanu police station Sub-Inspector P G Patil said.
During another quarrel on the issue on late Friday night, Bharat Ladak Bharavi (35) brutally attacked his wife Sangeeta (around 30 years of age) with an axe on her face, stomach and other body parts leading to her death, he said.
The accused then fled from the spot.
Police yesterday registered an offence against Bharat under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the accused, police said adding the matter is being probed further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming