Man kills wife for not conceiving
Thane: A tribal man allegedly killed his wife as he was miffed with her for not being able to conceive during their 15 years of marriage, police said on Sunday.
The couple, residing in a hut at a farm in Dahanu taluka of Thane district, had frequent quarrels over the issue and because of it they were not on good terms, Dahanu police station Sub-Inspector P G Patil said.
During another quarrel on the issue on late Friday night, Bharat Ladak Bharavi (35) brutally attacked his wife Sangeeta (around 30 years of age) with an axe on her face, stomach and other body parts leading to her death, he said.
The accused then fled from the spot.
Police yesterday registered an offence against Bharat under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the accused, police said adding the matter is being probed further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future