Marathi daily Deshonnati editor arrested in murder case
Nagpur: The Editor-in-Chief of Marathi daily Deshonnati, Prakash Pohare, was today arrested in connection with the killing of an employee in the newspaper`s printing press at Gondkhairi near Nagpur, police said.
Pohare was arrested in Akola by a police team from Nagpur, Superintendent of Police, Nagpur Rural, Manoj Sharma said.
Rajendra Dupare (50), a security supervisor at the printing press, was shot dead on October 13 when Pohare along with a security guard, Ganesh D Fungud, had gone to the press where some employees of the paper were holding an agitation.
The security guard, accompanying Pohare, allegedly fired at Dupare from his rifle after they had a scuffle. Dupare was taken to Government Medical College Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
However, the newspaper, in its October 14 edition, published Pohare`s statement, who said he was attacked when he arrived at the press, and the security guard Fungud fired in defence.
Pohare, Fungud and two others, who were absconding, had been booked under sections 302 (murder) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC.
His application for anticipatory bail was rejected by a lower court and the same was to come up today before the Nagpur Bench of Bombay High Court.
Pohare is being brought to the city and will be taken to Kalmeshwar police station, under whose jurisdiction the murder took place, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm