Minor domestic help tortured, trader arrested
Thane: In a shocking case, a 11-year-old domestic help was badly beaten up, kept starving for days and forcefully fed chillies allegedly by a local trader and his wife.
Accused Sarjil Ansari (36) was booked along with his wife Farhat (32) on Sunday after the minor girl approached police with the help of her neighbours in the housing complex at Ghodbunder Road, where she worked for the couple, police said on Tuesday.
According to Mira Road Police Station, the couple brought the victim from Uttar Pradesh for household work.
The maid servant, whose body bore several old and fresh injury marks, was allegedly beaten frequently over petty issues and was made to starve for days together.
The employers even forced her to eat chillies and rubbed her with it, if she would not obey their orders, the girl alleged in the complaint.
Following this, Sarjil was arrested. However, his wife is still at large, police said. Both have been charged under sections 323, 324, 374 of the IPC.
Police sources said that the girl, who was promised a job in Mumbai household was "sold" to the couple by her parents for Rs 15,000, a fact which is still being probed.
The girl is presently in the custody of a NGO, which rescued her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack