MNS opposes scrapping of regional language from UPSC exam
Mumbai: MNS president Raj Thackeray on Sunday appealed the Members of Parliament from Maharashtra to oppose the scrapping of regional language paper in the Union Public Service Commission examination.
Terming the decision as "anti-people", Raj said regional languages cannot be ignored in this way and MNS would oppose the move.
"Our MPs should oppose this. Regional languages are important, they cannot be ignored. Why do we have several states, each with own language? Regional languages must be respected," Raj said at a press conference.
"Monopoly" of English was not desirable, he said, adding that students must have a choice. "Applicants from Maharashtra must have the opportunity to answer the exams in Marathi."
Talking about drought, he reiterated that Congress-NCP government was to blame.
On NCP chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar`s remark that those talking about drought should first go out and visit the drought-affected areas, Raj said, "I did field work before talking. The drought situation is due to the ministers who did not do their jobs well."
Asked about Tata group Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata`s visit, Thackeray said they talked about "music, books and food".
"I also explained the drought situation in the state, of which Tata was well aware. We also spoke on various aspects of Gujarat, its development and other policies. With a huge CSR activity that the Tata Group carries out, I suggested they should construct some kind of resort or hotel near Tadoba tiger sanctuary, which would provide employment to the locals," Raj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report