MNS opposes scrapping of regional language from UPSC exam
Mumbai: MNS president Raj Thackeray on Sunday appealed the Members of Parliament from Maharashtra to oppose the scrapping of regional language paper in the Union Public Service Commission examination.
Terming the decision as "anti-people", Raj said regional languages cannot be ignored in this way and MNS would oppose the move.
"Our MPs should oppose this. Regional languages are important, they cannot be ignored. Why do we have several states, each with own language? Regional languages must be respected," Raj said at a press conference.
"Monopoly" of English was not desirable, he said, adding that students must have a choice. "Applicants from Maharashtra must have the opportunity to answer the exams in Marathi."
Talking about drought, he reiterated that Congress-NCP government was to blame.
On NCP chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar`s remark that those talking about drought should first go out and visit the drought-affected areas, Raj said, "I did field work before talking. The drought situation is due to the ministers who did not do their jobs well."
Asked about Tata group Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata`s visit, Thackeray said they talked about "music, books and food".
"I also explained the drought situation in the state, of which Tata was well aware. We also spoke on various aspects of Gujarat, its development and other policies. With a huge CSR activity that the Tata Group carries out, I suggested they should construct some kind of resort or hotel near Tadoba tiger sanctuary, which would provide employment to the locals," Raj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in