Mumbai eve-teasing case: Court orders day-to-day trial
Mumbai: A fast track court will hear the Keenan Santos and Reuben Fernandez murder case trial on day-to-day basis from January 15, over two months after the charges were framed against four persons by a sessions court.
Keenan (24) and Reuben (29) were stabbed following a scuffle near a paan shop in suburban Andheri on October 20, 2011 while trying to protect their female friends from a group of eve-teasers.
Police later arrested Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival for the murder.
The prosecution had moved an application seeking hearing of the trial on day-to-day basis.
The court will record the statement of first witness Avinash Solanki, who is also a complainant in the case, on January 15, said Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.
The sessions court had framed charges against the four arrested accused on October 23.
The case was transferred to Sewri fast track court in March this year following a huge public outcry over the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video