Mumbai eve-teasing case: Court orders day-to-day trial
Mumbai: A fast track court will hear the Keenan Santos and Reuben Fernandez murder case trial on day-to-day basis from January 15, over two months after the charges were framed against four persons by a sessions court.
Keenan (24) and Reuben (29) were stabbed following a scuffle near a paan shop in suburban Andheri on October 20, 2011 while trying to protect their female friends from a group of eve-teasers.
Police later arrested Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival for the murder.
The prosecution had moved an application seeking hearing of the trial on day-to-day basis.
The court will record the statement of first witness Avinash Solanki, who is also a complainant in the case, on January 15, said Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.
The sessions court had framed charges against the four arrested accused on October 23.
The case was transferred to Sewri fast track court in March this year following a huge public outcry over the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?