Mumbai triple murder case: Ex-bar employee held
Mumbai: The city police on Sunday claimed to have cracked the triple murder case at a suburban bar with the arrest of a former employee.
The motive behind the murder of the three persons, all employees of Natraj Bar in suburban Vidyavihar, is personal enmity, police said.
The accused, Pravin alias Sonu, was arrested early this morning, police said, adding they are also probing if more persons were involved in the crime.
The deceased identified as Basant Madoria (30), Raja Dakolia (33) and Bhaskar Dalvi (54) were stabbed around 10-15 times and their bodies were found lying in a pool of blood by a sweeper on the premises of the bar last morning.
While Madoria and Dakolia were working as waiters at Natraj Bar, Dalvi was there as the watchman.
According to police, Pravin used to work at the same bar.
"During initial questioning, the accused said that the deceased used to constantly pick fights with him and verbally abuse him. Infuriated by this, Pravin came to the bar on the night of January 04 and consumed liquor there. Before leaving, he fought with the deceased and stabbed them to death," police said.
While Madoria and Dakolia were working in the bar since five years, Dalvi was employed there for the past 12 years.
Police zeroed in on Pravin after recording the statements of over 20 employees of the bar including female singers and waiters.
Police said Madoria and Dakolia used to work late hours in the bar and often sleep in the garage for few hours to take the first train to go to their destinations.
The bar was closed at around 2:30 am yesterday by its staff after carrying out regular cleaning work of the premises and furniture.
"CCTV cameras were also switched off before closing the bar as per the routine," police said.
Police suspect that the murders might have taken place somewhere between 2:30 am and 5 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!