Nagpur University calls back deputed staff
Gadchiroli (Maha): The one-year-old Gondwana University here might run into administrative trouble with eight of its staff members, including four senior officials, who were sent on deputation, have been asked to come back to the parent Rashtra Santa Tukdoji Maharaj (RSTM) Nagpur University, official sources said.
According to sources, the RSTM University issued an order cancelling the deputation of the Deputy Registrar, two Assistant Registrars, one Superintendent and four selection grade staff members now posted in the Gondwana University.
Sources in the Gondwana University said that RSTM University called back these eight staff members saying that its work was getting hampered due to insufficient staff.
The administrative work of the Gondwana University, which is yet to relieve these staff members yet, will suffer badly due to this sudden decision, sources said adding that the move comes at a time when the exams are scheduled early next month, they said.
Gondwana University, however, is going to approach the state government against RSTM University`s action and will seek extension of the officials on deputation, sources added.
"When so many important posts in the Nagpur University are lying vacant for the last so many months and they have not been filled despite repeated directives of the government, what is the need of such an urgency to cancel the deputation in such a hurried way?" an official of the Gondwana University asked.
Sources say that the move could be a fallout of a land dispute between the two universities that was on for the last few years and was resolved after intervention of the state authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics