Narendra Modi saddened by Bal Thackeray’s death
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said he was saddened by the demise of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
Thackeray passed away at 3.33 pm on Saturday following a prolonged illness.
Modi said he had been praying for the Sena chief.
“He was fighting like a warrior. But now, we are all saddened. We have lost him,” Modi said.
His death marks the end of an era, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Xiaomi Mi Max smartphone, MIUI 8 to be launched today
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration