Naxals call bandh in two districts of Maharashtra
Gadchiroli: Naxals have called a bandh in Gadchiroli and Gondia districts of Maharashtra on July 15 to protest the killing of fellow women in recent encounters.
The bandh is against the encounters of Medhri in Etapalli taluka, Govindgaon in Aheri taluka, Bhatpar in Bhamragad taluqua and Sindesur in Dhanora taluka of the districts.
The western regional committee of Dandakaranya has distributed pamphlets in this regard in remote parts of the district appealing to the people to support the bandh.
Though police have not identified all the Naxal women killed in the Medhri encounter, they have mentioned the casualties in the pamphlet as Swarupa Dhurva, DVC Commander, Sangita Madavi, Anita Kowasi, Seema, Premila and Reshma alias Savitri.
"Make the bandh against killing of six women Naxals in Medhri village by para military forces a success," the pamphlet said.
It has appealed the people to oppose the anti-Naxal operation and deployment of para military forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information