Naxals call bandh in two districts of Maharashtra
Gadchiroli: Naxals have called a bandh in Gadchiroli and Gondia districts of Maharashtra on July 15 to protest the killing of fellow women in recent encounters.
The bandh is against the encounters of Medhri in Etapalli taluka, Govindgaon in Aheri taluka, Bhatpar in Bhamragad taluqua and Sindesur in Dhanora taluka of the districts.
The western regional committee of Dandakaranya has distributed pamphlets in this regard in remote parts of the district appealing to the people to support the bandh.
Though police have not identified all the Naxal women killed in the Medhri encounter, they have mentioned the casualties in the pamphlet as Swarupa Dhurva, DVC Commander, Sangita Madavi, Anita Kowasi, Seema, Premila and Reshma alias Savitri.
"Make the bandh against killing of six women Naxals in Medhri village by para military forces a success," the pamphlet said.
It has appealed the people to oppose the anti-Naxal operation and deployment of para military forces.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive