No space for NCP in NDA: Shiv Sena
New Delhi: Sharad Pawar is not welcome in the NDA, Shiv Sena said on Friday making it clear that there is no space for NCP in the BJP-led alliance at the Centre or in Maharashtra.
We will not allow NCP to come to NDA. There is no space for Sharad Pawar`s party in the Shiv Sena-BJP alliance in Maharashtra," Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut told PTI.
Raut`s remarks came close on the heels of a media report that Pawar had a meeting with BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi here, which has been slammed as "completely mischievous" and "baseless" by the NCP chief.
"Neither our doors nor our windows are open," Raut remarked when asked about NCP leaders like D P Tripathi saying that options are open for the party. NCP is the second largest constituent of the Congress-led UPA.
Asked about statements of some NCP leaders like Praful Patel which appeared soft on Modi, he said it was a good thing. "The UPA has become a sinking ship, and when the ship starts sinking, the rats are first to desert it," the Shiv Sena leader said.
Raut said that at a mega rally held in Kolhapur district in Maharashtra yesterday by the leaders of Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI and Swabhimani Sanghtana, it was declared that their struggle was against the Congress-NCP Government in the state.
NCP is in alliance with Congress and sharing power in Maharashtra since 1999 after Pawar parted ways with Congress on the issue of Sonia Gandhi`s foreign origin.
NCP is part of the UPA at the Centre for the past 10 years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know