Noted trade unionist Kishore Pawar critical
Pune: Noted socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar, currently admitted to a city hospital for old age related ailments, was stated to be in a critical condition on Tuesday night, hospital and family sources said.
Pawar (86) has been put on ventilator support following deterioration in his condition, they added.
Known for his commitment to various social and trade union issues, Pawar had close associations with veteran socialist leaders such as Jaiprakash Narayan, S M Joshi and N G Gorey.
He has been a champion of the sugar cane growers and workers` cause in the sugar co-operative sector in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state