Noted trade unionist Kishore Pawar critical
Pune: Noted socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar, currently admitted to a city hospital for old age related ailments, was stated to be in a critical condition on Tuesday night, hospital and family sources said.
Pawar (86) has been put on ventilator support following deterioration in his condition, they added.
Known for his commitment to various social and trade union issues, Pawar had close associations with veteran socialist leaders such as Jaiprakash Narayan, S M Joshi and N G Gorey.
He has been a champion of the sugar cane growers and workers` cause in the sugar co-operative sector in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims