Noted trade unionist Kishore Pawar critical
Pune: Noted socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar, currently admitted to a city hospital for old age related ailments, was stated to be in a critical condition on Tuesday night, hospital and family sources said.
Pawar (86) has been put on ventilator support following deterioration in his condition, they added.
Known for his commitment to various social and trade union issues, Pawar had close associations with veteran socialist leaders such as Jaiprakash Narayan, S M Joshi and N G Gorey.
He has been a champion of the sugar cane growers and workers` cause in the sugar co-operative sector in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief