Noted trade unionist Kishore Pawar critical
Pune: Noted socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar, currently admitted to a city hospital for old age related ailments, was stated to be in a critical condition on Tuesday night, hospital and family sources said.
Pawar (86) has been put on ventilator support following deterioration in his condition, they added.
Known for his commitment to various social and trade union issues, Pawar had close associations with veteran socialist leaders such as Jaiprakash Narayan, S M Joshi and N G Gorey.
He has been a champion of the sugar cane growers and workers` cause in the sugar co-operative sector in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends