Noted trade unionist Kishore Pawar critical
Pune: Noted socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar, currently admitted to a city hospital for old age related ailments, was stated to be in a critical condition on Tuesday night, hospital and family sources said.
Pawar (86) has been put on ventilator support following deterioration in his condition, they added.
Known for his commitment to various social and trade union issues, Pawar had close associations with veteran socialist leaders such as Jaiprakash Narayan, S M Joshi and N G Gorey.
He has been a champion of the sugar cane growers and workers` cause in the sugar co-operative sector in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report
- New method that can kill cancer cells in 2 hours developed!
- UEFA Euro 2016, quarterfinal: Poland vs Portugal - Preview
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet all set to clear final recommendations on salary hike today
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside