Now, 21-year-old girl raped in Mumbai, youth held
Mumbai: A 22-year-old youth was on Friday arrested for allegedly raping his girlfriend on the pretext of marriage, police said.
The accused, Nihal Ahmed, and his 21-year-old girlfriend are residents of Mankhurd, police said.
The victim in her complaint stated that Nihal has maintained a sexual relationship with her promising marriage, they said.
The accused took the victim to his father`s shop and lodge on a number of occasions and raped her. The victim later realised that the accused made false claims of marriage, they said.
We have registered a case under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code after the complaint, they said adding that Ahmed was arrested and will be produced in a magistrate`s court on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened