Now, 21-year-old girl raped in Mumbai, youth held
Mumbai: A 22-year-old youth was on Friday arrested for allegedly raping his girlfriend on the pretext of marriage, police said.
The accused, Nihal Ahmed, and his 21-year-old girlfriend are residents of Mankhurd, police said.
The victim in her complaint stated that Nihal has maintained a sexual relationship with her promising marriage, they said.
The accused took the victim to his father`s shop and lodge on a number of occasions and raped her. The victim later realised that the accused made false claims of marriage, they said.
We have registered a case under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code after the complaint, they said adding that Ahmed was arrested and will be produced in a magistrate`s court on Saturday.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today