Now, 21-year-old girl raped in Mumbai, youth held
Mumbai: A 22-year-old youth was on Friday arrested for allegedly raping his girlfriend on the pretext of marriage, police said.
The accused, Nihal Ahmed, and his 21-year-old girlfriend are residents of Mankhurd, police said.
The victim in her complaint stated that Nihal has maintained a sexual relationship with her promising marriage, they said.
The accused took the victim to his father`s shop and lodge on a number of occasions and raped her. The victim later realised that the accused made false claims of marriage, they said.
We have registered a case under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code after the complaint, they said adding that Ahmed was arrested and will be produced in a magistrate`s court on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?