One killed, six injured after slab of a building collapses in Mumbai
Mumbai: One person was killed after a portion of a slab of a four-storeyed building collapsed at Kakaji Nagar`s Prasad shopping centre in suburban Goregaon West on Tuesday night, a Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) official said.
"A portion of a slab of a (ground plus) four storeyed building in Goregaon West collapsed which killed one person. Six people have also been injured in the collapse and one among them is severely wounded," an MCGM official told PTI.
The official said that the injured have been rushed to Siddharth Hospital, where they are undergoing treatment.
A fire brigade official said that rescue operations are currently on and the fire brigade is trying to clear up the rubble to look out for more survivors.
"We are trying to clear the debris to see if we can find any more survivors of the incident. Until now we have only found one dead body in the rubble but the number may go up after we clear the whole area," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA