One killed, six injured after slab of a building collapses in Mumbai
Mumbai: One person was killed after a portion of a slab of a four-storeyed building collapsed at Kakaji Nagar`s Prasad shopping centre in suburban Goregaon West on Tuesday night, a Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) official said.
"A portion of a slab of a (ground plus) four storeyed building in Goregaon West collapsed which killed one person. Six people have also been injured in the collapse and one among them is severely wounded," an MCGM official told PTI.
The official said that the injured have been rushed to Siddharth Hospital, where they are undergoing treatment.
A fire brigade official said that rescue operations are currently on and the fire brigade is trying to clear up the rubble to look out for more survivors.
"We are trying to clear the debris to see if we can find any more survivors of the incident. Until now we have only found one dead body in the rubble but the number may go up after we clear the whole area," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says