One killed, six injured after slab of a building collapses in Mumbai
Mumbai: One person was killed after a portion of a slab of a four-storeyed building collapsed at Kakaji Nagar`s Prasad shopping centre in suburban Goregaon West on Tuesday night, a Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) official said.
"A portion of a slab of a (ground plus) four storeyed building in Goregaon West collapsed which killed one person. Six people have also been injured in the collapse and one among them is severely wounded," an MCGM official told PTI.
The official said that the injured have been rushed to Siddharth Hospital, where they are undergoing treatment.
A fire brigade official said that rescue operations are currently on and the fire brigade is trying to clear up the rubble to look out for more survivors.
"We are trying to clear the debris to see if we can find any more survivors of the incident. Until now we have only found one dead body in the rubble but the number may go up after we clear the whole area," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'