One killed, six injured after slab of a building collapses in Mumbai
Mumbai: One person was killed after a portion of a slab of a four-storeyed building collapsed at Kakaji Nagar`s Prasad shopping centre in suburban Goregaon West on Tuesday night, a Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) official said.
"A portion of a slab of a (ground plus) four storeyed building in Goregaon West collapsed which killed one person. Six people have also been injured in the collapse and one among them is severely wounded," an MCGM official told PTI.
The official said that the injured have been rushed to Siddharth Hospital, where they are undergoing treatment.
A fire brigade official said that rescue operations are currently on and the fire brigade is trying to clear up the rubble to look out for more survivors.
"We are trying to clear the debris to see if we can find any more survivors of the incident. Until now we have only found one dead body in the rubble but the number may go up after we clear the whole area," the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan