One killed, six injured after slab of a building collapses in Mumbai
Mumbai: One person was killed after a portion of a slab of a four-storeyed building collapsed at Kakaji Nagar`s Prasad shopping centre in suburban Goregaon West on Tuesday night, a Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) official said.
"A portion of a slab of a (ground plus) four storeyed building in Goregaon West collapsed which killed one person. Six people have also been injured in the collapse and one among them is severely wounded," an MCGM official told PTI.
The official said that the injured have been rushed to Siddharth Hospital, where they are undergoing treatment.
A fire brigade official said that rescue operations are currently on and the fire brigade is trying to clear up the rubble to look out for more survivors.
"We are trying to clear the debris to see if we can find any more survivors of the incident. Until now we have only found one dead body in the rubble but the number may go up after we clear the whole area," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter