Opposition must co-operate in the budget session, says Chavan
Mumbai: Opposition must keep their political differences aside and co-operate during the budget session commencing tomorrow, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said on Sunday.
"The debate on drought and other important issues will be held during the session. Therefore, they (opposition) should co-operate," Chavan told reporters.
"Due to consecutive droughts since two years, the state has been facing tremendous water scarcity. There is a serious drinking water shortage in Marathwada and Western Maharashtra. The next four months will be crucial," he said.
To help the state government during this crisis, the opposition should co-operate, he said.
To take measures on drought, the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund has been set up and generous people may contribute, he said.
He said that nine new bills would be tabled during the budget session, besides three pending bills and five ordinances.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram