Raj Thackeray slams Asaram for `wasting` water
Yavatmal: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray today criticised Asaram Bapu for allegedly wasting water at a pre-Holi celebration event even as the state has been reeling under worst drought.
"Asaram`s act of wasting huge quantity of water when the state is facing severe drought is insensible and must be condemned", Raj told reporters here today.
The controversial spiritual leader drew flak from all sections for allegedly wasting water while playing Holi with his followers at a function held in Nagpur recently.
The issue echoed in Maharashtra legislature as well with members taking exception to the act, against the backdrop of severe drought.
Asserting that he was against playing second fiddle to Shiv Sena whose president Uddhav Thackeray had extended an olive branch to MNS to come on board for Assembly elections next year, Raj said he preferred going solo as he was confident of victory.
"No party has grown like MNS in a short span of mere seven years. MNS holds sway over young voters as they believe in my leadership", he said.
Raj was interacting with reporters at Circuit House here as the part of his ongoing Vidarbha tour.
Raj sought to question the rationale behind holding the winter session of state legislature in Nagpur.
"What is the output of these sittings?...Holding winter session in Nagpur is nothing but wastage of public funds", Raj said.
The MNS chief said he was against the statehood demand for Vidarbha as bifurcation of Maharashtra would be against the interest of Marathi-speaking people.
On development backlog in Vidarbha, the MNS chief said, "If my party comes to power, I won`t sanction any new project. On the contrary, I will expedite completion of already-sanctioned projects".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi