Rape victim tells court accused is her husband
Mumbai: A supposed victim of rape has turned
the police`s case on its head by stating that she had been
happily married to the accused when he was booked.
She further told the court last week that she still
wished to stay with the accused, but feared that her parents
would kill her.
Sadam Hussain (21) was arrested by Turbhe police on
December 12, 2010 for allegedly raping the girl. He was
granted bail by the Bombay High Court in July this year.
But when the trial started, the 19-year-old victim,
during her deposition, told the sessions court in neighbouring
Thane that her parents had earlier given consent to her
marriage to the accused, but asked her not to return home.
"After the marriage in November 2010, I stayed with my
husband, and after one and half months my father came there
with the police," she said. She was then brought to Mumbai,
and sent to a remand home, as she did not want to stay with
During the cross-examination by Hussain`s lawyer,
advocate Amit Munde, the victim also said that when Hussain
was in the jail, she had written to him several times.
"When I was produced before the magistrate (after
Hussain`s arrest) I had requested that I wanted to live with
the accused and not with my parents", she told the court.
"Even today, I wish to live with the accused as his wife.
I fear that I would be killed if I go with him, as my father
and brother have threatened," she told the court.
The trial is yet to conclude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends