Rs 10 lakh reward for giving info on IM chief Yasin Bhatkal
Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Monday announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh each for anyone providing information on elusive Indian Mujahideen (IM) chief Yasin Bhatkal and his three aides allegedly involved in a number of terror cases.
The anti-terror squad has also released posters consisting their latest photographs, address and physical appearance details such as height, built, age etc.
"We would like to announce that a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh each to any person providing information leading to the arrest of Mohammed Ahmed Siddhibappa alias Yasin Bhatkal (30), Dadar blast bomb planter Tahaseen Akhtar Wasim Aktar Shaikh (23), Asadulla Akhtar Javed Akhtar (26) and Waqas alias Ahmed (26)," said Rakesh Maria, ATS chief.
All the four wanted accused were allegedly involved in three co-ordinated bomb explosions at different locations in the peak evening hours in Mumbai on July 13, 2011. The blasts had occurred at Opera House, Zaveri Bazaar, and Dadar West, leaving 27 dead and 130 injured, the ATS said.
Except Tahaseen, the rest three were also involved in the four co-ordinated low-intensity explosions struck the busy arterial road in the heart of the Pune city on August 1 of the state.
The explosions occurred on Jangli Maharaj (JM) Road at spots near Balgandharva Theatre, Dena Bank branch, McDonald food outlet and Garware bridge. The first explosion took place at Balgandharva Theatre in which one person was seriously injured. The explosion outside McDonald occurred in a dustbin while the blasts near Garware bridge and Dena Bank were reported from a cycle which had a bucket with explosives strapped on, police said.
Yasin and Asadulla were also involved in bomb blasts took place over the years in Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Delhi and Hyderabad, the ATS said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday