Rs 40 lakh donated to Saibaba Trust on behalf of late devotee
Shirdi: A Chennai-based woman donated Rs 40 lakh to the Saibaba Sansthan Trust here to fulfil the last wish of her late mother-in-law Lilavati Devi.
The woman, Sarladevi, lost her mother-in-law recently. As per the devotee`s wishes, the family sold the property in her name and donated the amount to the temple trust, Sansthan sources said on Saturday.
Sarladevi and family visited the temple on Friday and donated a ventilator worth Rs 14 lakh to the Sansthan hospital. The remaining amount is to be utilised for other purposes, they added.
The donor`s family was felicitated by the Sansthan on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials