Rs 40 lakh donated to Saibaba Trust on behalf of late devotee
Shirdi: A Chennai-based woman donated Rs 40 lakh to the Saibaba Sansthan Trust here to fulfil the last wish of her late mother-in-law Lilavati Devi.
The woman, Sarladevi, lost her mother-in-law recently. As per the devotee`s wishes, the family sold the property in her name and donated the amount to the temple trust, Sansthan sources said on Saturday.
Sarladevi and family visited the temple on Friday and donated a ventilator worth Rs 14 lakh to the Sansthan hospital. The remaining amount is to be utilised for other purposes, they added.
The donor`s family was felicitated by the Sansthan on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Attack on Istanbul airport inhuman: PM Narendra Modi
- Spine-chilling video of road rage incident in Hong Kong: Watch
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung, Gau Raksha Dal claims they were 'cleansed' of their 'sins'
- Katrina Kaif or Jacqueline Fernandez – Who will be chosen by Salman Khan?
- Do you know what is the FIRST thing Salman Khan asks when he meets someone? Click here