Rs 40 lakh donated to Saibaba Trust on behalf of late devotee
Shirdi: A Chennai-based woman donated Rs 40 lakh to the Saibaba Sansthan Trust here to fulfil the last wish of her late mother-in-law Lilavati Devi.
The woman, Sarladevi, lost her mother-in-law recently. As per the devotee`s wishes, the family sold the property in her name and donated the amount to the temple trust, Sansthan sources said on Saturday.
Sarladevi and family visited the temple on Friday and donated a ventilator worth Rs 14 lakh to the Sansthan hospital. The remaining amount is to be utilised for other purposes, they added.
The donor`s family was felicitated by the Sansthan on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter