RSS demands bail for right wing accused
New Delhi: A day after seven accused in the
Malegaon blasts were released on bail, the RSS on Thursday demanded
similar relief to other right wing accused who have been
lodged in jail.
"The NIA should apply the same yardstick to other accused
in the Malegaon and Ajmer blasts` cases," RSS leader Ram
He contended that in March this year, the NIA had opposed
the bail plea of these seven accused. "What has changed on
the ground that they have not opposed the bail pleas now. We
think that this has been done due to political
considerations," he said.
The seven accused in the Malegaon blasts were released on
bail yesterday, five years after their arrest in the case, the
probe into which took a new turn after names of right-wing
groups figured in other blasts.
Madhav said the accused Hindu youths should also be
released immediately as they were behind bars with "unproven
charges" in terror cases.
"The logic of the agency which investigated the 2006 case
should be applied to 2007 and 2008 terror cases in which some
Hindu youths were arrested with no proven charges and no
evidence," he said.
He went on to add that the charges against the seven
accused Muslims were very much there as they have not been
Madhav accused the National Minorities Commission of
"strongly lobbying" with the NIA for not opposing their bail
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday