RSS demands bail for right wing accused
New Delhi: A day after seven accused in the
Malegaon blasts were released on bail, the RSS on Thursday demanded
similar relief to other right wing accused who have been
lodged in jail.
"The NIA should apply the same yardstick to other accused
in the Malegaon and Ajmer blasts` cases," RSS leader Ram
He contended that in March this year, the NIA had opposed
the bail plea of these seven accused. "What has changed on
the ground that they have not opposed the bail pleas now. We
think that this has been done due to political
considerations," he said.
The seven accused in the Malegaon blasts were released on
bail yesterday, five years after their arrest in the case, the
probe into which took a new turn after names of right-wing
groups figured in other blasts.
Madhav said the accused Hindu youths should also be
released immediately as they were behind bars with "unproven
charges" in terror cases.
"The logic of the agency which investigated the 2006 case
should be applied to 2007 and 2008 terror cases in which some
Hindu youths were arrested with no proven charges and no
evidence," he said.
He went on to add that the charges against the seven
accused Muslims were very much there as they have not been
Madhav accused the National Minorities Commission of
"strongly lobbying" with the NIA for not opposing their bail
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video