SC Commission seeks action against police in Sanoi
Mumbai: The National Commission for Scheduled Castes on Monday called for action against police officers for alleged delay in the probe of murder of three Dalit youths in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
"There should be a strict action, followed by departmental inquiry, against the police officials allegedly responsible for delay in the probe of murder at Sanoi village," vice-chairman of the commission, Dr Rajkumar Verka, said at a press conference here.
The incident took place on January 1.
The commission was awaiting the action-taken report by the state on the case, he said.
Verka said a review meeting on the issues of Dalits, to be attended by commission members, state Director General of Police, officials of Social Justice department and some ministers, would be held tomorrow.
"All the cases related to Dalits will be discussed in detail. Each case will be dealt separately and some sensitive cases would get individual hearing," Verka said.
The commission will also focus on poor conviction rate -- less than one per cent -- in the cases of atrocities against members of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes in Maharashtra, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack