Sena observes bandh in Kolhapur against Belgaum legislature
Kolhapur: A bandh was called by Shiv Sena in the border district here to protest the inauguration of the second legislature complex in Karnataka`s Belgaum on Thursday.
President Pranab Mukherjee is slated to inaugurate the `Suvarna Vidhana Soudha`, a Rs 400 crore second legislature complex here, amid objections by some political parties in Maharashtra, citing the boundary dispute between Karnataka and its neighbouring state.
Stray incidents of stone pelting were reported in the city during a march led by the Sena.
Shiv sainiks came out on the road at around 10 am and led a march during which some people allegedly pelted stones on autorickshaws and buses, police said.
Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti, Shiv Sena and other political parties in Maharashtra are in favour of maintaining a status-quo in the border area.
Earlier, Shiv Sena had appealed to the President not to inaugurate the new legislature building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal