Sena observes bandh in Kolhapur against Belgaum legislature
Kolhapur: A bandh was called by Shiv Sena in the border district here to protest the inauguration of the second legislature complex in Karnataka`s Belgaum on Thursday.
President Pranab Mukherjee is slated to inaugurate the `Suvarna Vidhana Soudha`, a Rs 400 crore second legislature complex here, amid objections by some political parties in Maharashtra, citing the boundary dispute between Karnataka and its neighbouring state.
Stray incidents of stone pelting were reported in the city during a march led by the Sena.
Shiv sainiks came out on the road at around 10 am and led a march during which some people allegedly pelted stones on autorickshaws and buses, police said.
Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti, Shiv Sena and other political parties in Maharashtra are in favour of maintaining a status-quo in the border area.
Earlier, Shiv Sena had appealed to the President not to inaugurate the new legislature building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction