Thirty held in Mumbai bar raid
Mumbai: Police arrested at least 30 persons including 14 young girls suspected to be involved in prostitution during a bar raid in Mumbai.
A senior police official shared details of raid with the mediapersons.
"Around 30 people have been arrested including 14 bar girls, six waiters, six customers, two managers and one conductor. The owner has also been detained. Also, currency worth rupees 82,000 has also been recovered," said Firoz Patel, Assistant Commissioner of Police.
The bustling business and entertainment capital Mumbai is a popular source, transit and destination station for traffic in women and girls.
Acting on a tip-off the raid was conducted at the ``Sangam Bar`` after local police received information about a large number of bar girls and prostitution being practiced at the bar.
Customers and owners along with bar girls were caught red handed during a surprise inspection by policemen dressed as civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test, Day 4 at Old Trafford – As it happened..
- Gold falls further by Rs 70 to Rs 30,680 per ten grams
- Suicide bomber kills 12 at checkpoint north of Baghdad
- Lok Sabha expresses concern over missing Indian Air Force's AN 32 aircraft
- Massive search continues for missing IAF plane on Day 4; 13 Navy vessels, 2 ships deployed