Tribal hostel inmate found dead in Gondia
Gondia (Maha): A 13-year-old boy, inmate of a tribal hostel near here in North-East Maharashtra, was found dead today, hostel officials and hospital sources said.
Dileshwar Madan Sonkusre, of Deoritola village, was studying in Std VI and resided at the Government-aided hostel, Bappa Adiwasi Mulanche Vastigruha, in Deori tehsil. He was declared brought dead by doctors at Deori`s Rural Hospital.
The villagers and parents of the boy blamed the hostel administration and its Superintendent Manohar Hiwarkar for the death and demanded stringent action against them.
According to some inmates, Dileshwar had been suffering from acute stomach pain for the past couple of days. He had told the Hostel Superintendent about his condition but the latter allegedly paid no heed.
After having lunch today, Dileshwar went to his room, where he was later found unconscious. The boy was rushed to the hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, hospital sources said.
As the news spread, locals gathered outside the hospital and raised slogans against the hostel management, demanding action against Hiwarkar and other officials beside suitable compensation for the kin of the deceased.
Hospital sources said the boy may have died of diarrhoea though the exact reason will be known only after receiving the post-mortem report.
Hiwarkar refuted any negligence on part of the hostel management. He said after Dileshwar`s complaint, they were suppose to take him to hospital but unfortunately he died prior to that.
No police complaint has been registered yet but police were maintaining a tight vigil around the 53-year-old hostel, which currently has 82 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow