Two commandos injured in Naxal encounter
Gondia: Two commandos were injured in an encounter with Maoists in forest area near Marartola village of the east Maharashtra district, police said on Monday.
According to police, the exchange of fire occurred after the C-60 squad swooped on the Naxals holding a secret meeting near Marartola nullah last night.
In the firing two C-60 commandos were injured, they said.
The injured troopers, identified as Sanjay Katre and Ramesh Ukey, were admitted in a hospital at Nagpur and are said to be out of danger, they said.
"We suspect that at least six ultras were also injured and one of them might have been killed in the gun battle that took place last night," DSP Dilip Zalke said today.
Zalke said a search operation was launched after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video